Enjoy a day on a road with beautiful coastal views and lookouts as we had to the southern highlands. Explore some historic villages, amazing national parks, and rainforests.
Amazing Grand Pacific Drive SUV Tour
On your owner-operated private SUV tour, enjoy a mid-morning departure along Grand Pacific Drive south of Sydney to Kiama. You’ll enjoy views over the Illawarra from various perspectives exploring our South Coast. Visit Kiama, a quaint Coastal Village for views of the famous Blowhole where in the right conditions water shoots 50 litres 25 meters into the air. Thereafter head to the local for a Pub style lunch.
Head inland taking in scenes of lush green countryside from Saddleback Mountain to enjoy panoramic views over the South Coast. Visit Wollongong Harbour and stop for afternoon tea and photographic opportunity. Travel along Grand Pacific Drive and be inspired by the scenery. Cross famous Seacliff Bridge used in commercials widely used in the tourism industry. Finally visit Bald Hill for views towards the south. Our return travels via The Royal National Park before arriving back at your accommodation.
Benefits of an Escape Scenes private tour:
- Enjoy the privacy of your own touring vehicle
- Never wait for other guests as its only your group
- Go where the large groups can’t go away from the crowds
- Pickup and drop from any city hotel
All tours include a private family photography session.
- Southern Gateway Center – First Stop is for a morning coffee and views over the Illawarra region towards Wollongong. An industrial city situated 100 km South of Sydney.
- Kiama Blowhole – Visit this famous blowhole formed from Volcanic rock and in the right conditions is known to shoot 50 liters of water up to 25 meters into the air.
- Kiama Township – Visit this quaint seaside village adorned with craft shops, café’s & souvenirs. Stop for a pub lunch at the Kiama Inn and enjoy time at leisure.
- Saddleback Mountain – Head inland to this spectacular lookout to enjoy panoramic views overlooking the green pasturelands with views over Kiama and the Southern Coastline.
- Wollongong Harbour – Enjoy a stop in the afternoon around the harbour and lighthouse. A popular Wedding photography location with scenic views towards Port Kembla and the Illawara Coast.
- Grand Pacific Drive – (Pass By) Heading North, you’ll enjoy this coastal drive as we pass numerous Coastal villages with stunning views along the way.
- Seacliff Bridge – One of only 7 in the world this famous bridge designed as a parallel-to-shore bridge used to separate the coast road away from steep cliff edges. Used in many car commercials tourism promotions and street directory covers.
- Bald Hill Lookout – Our final stop looks back along our journey towards Wollongong in the South. This is a popular hang gliding destination.
- Royal National Park – (Pass by) This is the worlds 2nd oldest Gazetted National Park dating back to the 1800’s. This drive is a wonderful conclusion to the scenic aspects of your tour.